Friday, June 23, 2006

MCOC Preacher Visits PPCOC, Singapore

About 6 of us, Filipino preachers, went to Pasir Panjang Church at Singapore last June 2006 to attend their Church Camp held at Allson Klana Resort Hotel at Seramban, Malaysia from June 7- 10, 2006.

It was a very fulfilling trip because we were given the benefit of exposure to congregations and brethren from different cultures and backgrounds. With me are Preachers David Cariaga, Greg Gallardo, Elmer Palacio, Danny de Vera, and Raj Buo.

All of the preachers were assigned to be part of the small discussion groups in the Camp except for Raj and myself who were assigned with the youth group. The lessons, the fellowship and the food were great. We were all blessed by the brethren from Singapore and also from Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Thailand.

Personally, my experience there opened some doors and new ideas for me. I was invited to preach at Geylang Church and it was a very encouraging meeting also.

I would like to thank the Church in Mactan and the Leaders who have allowed me to leave them for 2 weeks and be part of this Camp. I especially want to thank Salvador Cariaga for all the help he has given. Also to Bro. John Bailey, Sis. Linda “Momsy” Henry, Bro. Roger Brown, Bro. Alfred Tan, Bro. Seth Tugunon, and Bro. Allan Aton.

God bless you all!

- - Aldous Echegoyen

No comments: